Monday 18 November 2013

Number 38. Learn to play chess.

Number 38. Learn to play chess.

I did use to know how to play chess as a child so I was hoping I wouldn't find it too difficult to re-learn this skill, especially as my husband and kids can all play!
James had always said he wanted to teach me, so with the help of him, my Dad, and Rund I sat down early evening Sunday 17th November to play my first game of chess in about 30 years!
Now I wouldn't say I'm now an accomplished chess player, but it did come back to me a little and I did manage to win a game! I'm sure that James will continue to want to play with me, he was even testing me this morning on all the pieces, their names and what they can move...I did impress him though as I'd remembered!
It's the same as any skill, practice makes perfect so watch this space!!






No comments:

Post a Comment