Monday 2 September 2013

Number 16. Ride in a Gondola.


Number 16. Ride in a Gondola.

When I wrote my list I tried to make it as achievable as possible, this however was one item on my list that when I added it I didn't really think it would happen, but I was wrong!!

I've never been to Italy and there is so much of it I would like to see and share with my family. The Venitian Riveria though was a good start and the highlight of our day in Venice was the evening serenaded gondola ride!

It was one of those experiences that as it was happening and you are living the moment it seems so surreal! I was incredibly moved by it, I didn't cry but I was close to tears!

The gondolas are just so lovely, very plush! It's not a cheap thing to do for 40 minutes entertainment but it was worth every single penny!

As we were queuing for our ride all the 'gondoliers' were milling around and one stood out as a typical 'slick' Italian and I said as much to my hubby and kids, it was then very amusing that he steered our gondola, you will notice him as he wanted to get in all our photos! We named him 'Slick'!! 

All in all this is a life experience I will never forget, a beautiful memory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment