Saturday 7 September 2013

Number 36. Raise some money for Arthritis.

Number 36. Raise some money for Arthritis.

On Saturday 14 Sept 2013, I hosted a fundraiser at Cass Hall, King Street, Driffield in aid of the Psoriasis & Psoriatic Arthritis Alliance.(PAPAA) My lovely friend Siobhan who also suffers helped me invaluably with the day! 

At 32 I started getting Psoriasis and at 34 the arthritis began its not the easiest of conditions to live with on a daily basis and raising awareness is really important!

The day was so well attended, I really couldn't have been happier with the support, and it was lovely to see people enjoying themselves over a cuppa and cake! We had the usual raffle, tombola, cake stall and a lovely water colour which was donated by the artist himself, Alan Allsop which we also raffled! We had  handicrafts/stalls by local traders 'Chocolate & Pink', 'Railton Farm Gifts', 'Little Miss Allsorts', 'Avon', 'Made in Heaven', 'Forever Living', handmade cards & bunting by Gail Rowley, and candles with Nicola Hogg. 

This is a photo of the original water colour beautifully framed by the artist himself, Alan Allsopp who is 84 years young! It is a scene in the Yorkshire Dales. It was won by Michelle Bell. It was so lovely of Alan to contact me and generously support us. 



I'm over the moon to say the day raised £484:90 which is fantastic! As well as raising such a great amount of money, to highlight awareness of the condition was definitely achieved and other people who are also suffering locally have contacted me. I feel that we may now need to set up a local support group and future events will be arranged, which was beyond my initial expectations! 

It isn't too late to support as I have created a Just Giving Page, you can donate by clicking on the link below:

Thank you to everyone who made the day a success I'm just so so happy! 

Lots of love
Claire








No comments:

Post a Comment