Thursday 18 July 2013

Number 8. Get better than a 3rd at Driffield Show


Number 8. Get Better than a 3rd at Driffield Show.

Ok, so this was a challenge I set myself because last year I entered a decorated chocolate cake and won 3rd prize, as I'd never entered before I was pretty chuffed!

This year I decided to try and get better than a 3rd that I was best off entering more categories to give myself a better chance!
The kids entered loads as they usually do and I encouraged my lovely hubby to enter the Mr Guiness Cake which he said he'd give it a whirl! 

So here are my entries, 3 photographs, fruit scones, sausage rolls, lemon curd and lemon drizzle cake.

The above 2 pictures are all Lydia's entries.
The above 2 photos are all James' entries.
Rund's Mr Guiness Cake!

The kids did really well, not as good as previous years but at least they won something for all their hard work!

So my results....drum roll please.......
Now I'm not making excuses but I think I may have cursed myself as I said to a few people that I knew what would happen...I'd win nothing and Rund would get 1st place....sure enough what bloody happens?!!!
However despite failing this challenge on my list I know I tried my best, there was lots of good competition and it was a little bit out if my hands...it is what it is!!
However I'm very proud of my hubby's win and his tankard he gets for a year! I should have just stuck to my chocolate cake!!! Ha ha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment