Monday 1 July 2013

Number 1. Ride on Air at Alton Towers with Helen.

Number 1. Ride on 'Air' at Alton Towers with Helen.

Back in October 2012 the Arundel family and Martinez family went away for the weekend and we went to Alton Towers, we had a great day and went on many rides, I'm a wimp and screamer and freak out at all the big rides, but despite that I had managed to go on Thirteen and Rita as well as others so my confidence had grown and I was all up for going on Air, but Helen refused to go on it with me and as both of our husbands were not pushing any boundaries I had no-one to go on it with me.

Helen was one of the first people I told of my plan to do a list of 40 things before I'm 40 and as soon as I told her she told me to add 'Ride on Air at Alton Towers with Helen' as she'd regretted not going on it in October, hence it became the first item on my list!
However as it got closer to our planned trip away to conquer this quest she couldn't remember saying this and was telling me she didnt know if she could do it....as if!!!!

Anyway we planned another weekend away 14-16 June 2013, a day in Alton Towers and then followed by another day in Splash LandingsWater Park. Helen and I had planned that we needed to do 'Air' as our first ride and just get it over and done with, which is what we did along with my hubby!

I'll be honest I was shitting myself, I was wondering why I'd listened to Helen and added it to my my list, why did I want to fly through the air like superman??? It was scary but over pretty quick, I screamed like a loony (I did warn the stranger sat the otherside of me that I was a screamer!)  but did feel proud of myself for having acheived it!



No comments:

Post a Comment