Thursday 9 May 2013

Number 33. Have a weekend in London.

Number 33. Have a weekend in London.

I've been to London many times, I added this to my list of 40 things to do because we didnt go last year so I really wanted to make sure I went this!

My Dad kindly bought us a family ticket to the Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio for Christmas so the weekend was planned around that.

We booked a Premier Inn at Kings Langley which was about 10 minutes away from the Harry Potter tour but also has a train station about a mile away from the Premier Inn which has loads of parking and takes you direct to London Euston.

We had the best drive down that we've ever had and we were most impressed with Kings Langley a lovely village, and the Premier Inn was in a lovely set back from the road position with a pub next door.

The Friday night we had just got unpacked, and had settled down for the night when the fire alarm sounded!James and Lydia completely freaked out, Rund was telling me to get up and out of the room and people were running down the corrider, but the alarm kept stopping and starting so I didnt think it was a genuine fire alarm, plus I was in my nighty I didnt really want to evacuate!! Under duress however I was forced to get out of the room by my family and gather with the masses in the reception area in my nighty, styled up with a scarf and cardigan...ultra glam!! Anyway it was a false alarm, I bloody knew it!! A new member of staff had accidentally walked through a fire door and set it off!

Saturday, we got up and caught the train to London, we had planned to go the British Museum at 10:30am to visit the Pompeii and Herculaneum Exhibition which we all enjoyed, was very interesting, I've always had a fascination with Pompeii. Then the highlight of our plans for the day was meeting up with one of my best friends Zoe and meeting her baby daughter Erin for the first time. We had a wonderful day of Covent Garden where James helped participate with a street entertainer, lunching and catching up and cuddling Erin, plus lots of shopping, M & M World, Hamleys, Selfridges all did very well out of us......utterly fab!






Sunday morning we had a nice leisurely start, big breakfast and then made our way to the Warner Bros Harry Potter Studio! Rund and the kids are all Harry Potter mad so they were all excited, I have only watched the first film, so was really just going along for the others, however from the minute we arrived in the carpark I was hooked, and the whole experience was fantastic, a really good day and very well organised, absolutely loved it, especially the Butter Beer!












No comments:

Post a Comment