Sunday 21 April 2013

Number 14. See more of my Dad.

I don't see enough of my Dad and that's a fact, so whilst it may seem awful to some to make it a number on my list, I added it in the hope that it would serve as a constant prompt to do more with him and therefore see more of him!

My Dad works shifts so its not always easy to see him as much as we'd all like. I know my Dad understands we have a busy family life too but wherever possible and as often as we can, it's nice to have him round for tea, go out for a meal, just pop round, or go out for an evening!

Thursday 18th April my Dad and I went to the Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School for a wine and tapas tasting evening. We'd bought Dad a voucher for his birthday & Rund bought me a ticket for Valentine's Day so I could go with my Dad.
It was a really lovely night, the tapas was gorgeous, we both agreed could have eaten a lot more of all we sampled and the wine tasting was a nice experience as well!
Was a really lovely way to spend an evening with my Dad!

This is the blurb on the evening we attended:

Join our resident chef, Ali Bilton whilst she prepares Yorkshire inspired tapas alongside wine expert Peter Fawcett of Field and Fawcett, York. Peter will match the food with wines from around the world. You will get to sample both along the way and gain culinary skills and tips as well as gaining a wealth of information about wine and how it can compliment, and even enhance, your food.

To get your mouth watering a selection of food prepared could include:

Pecks of Beverley hot smoked salmon tiny fish cakes with a St Quintins cream and Thirsk dill sauce
Mini Yorkshire puds with Yorkshire pork, sage onion and ampleforth amber topping
Confit of East Yorkshire duck with Yorkshire Chorizo and beans
Caramelised onion and Lowna Goat’s cheese toasties
Yorkshire pea and Yorkshire fine fettle fritters with cucumber relish
Mini Yorkshire parkin, rhubarb and boozy infusion trifles
The evening starts at 7.00pm and includes a glass of fizz on arrival








No comments:

Post a Comment