Monday 4 March 2013

Number 5. Try Absinthe.

Saturday 2nd March. Dinner party with Helen and Alv, John and Cat and Rich and Caroline. I had purchased a bottle of Absinthe a few weeks previously as I saw it in Asda so thought I'd get it for when required!
I had previously researched the best way to drink it, it recommended starting your evening on it so that you can feel its effects, apparently if you drink it after you've already had a few you don't feel it in the same way!
You need to mix one part Absinthe with 2 parts water and sugar is recommended to dampen down the bitter taste, the best way to add the sugar is to set fire to it and drip the caramalised sugar into the liquid and give it a good mix!
Absinthe is nicknamed The Green Fairy and is 55% volume.
Absinthe!

Rund setting fire to the sugar to drizzle into the Absinthe and water!
 
It tastes like Pernot and needs to be drunk quickly, like a shot, you can feel it burning as it sinks down you and definitely within a few minutes you can tell you've had alcohol! I would have liked to have drunk more but as I had a dinner party to cook and serve it wouldn't have been wise!
Next time I drink it I will make sure I have no responsibilities and I can let The Green Fairy properly take hold!!

No comments:

Post a Comment