Monday 21 January 2013

Number 24. Volunteer Time to a Charity.

Number 24. Volunteer time to a charity.
Very shortly after adding this on my list I was reading the Beverley Advertiser at work and on the front page they had an article about the 'Break Away Project', they are a project set up last September in Beverley who aim to help anyone who has been subject to domestic abuse. As they had been inudated with people they were appealing for cosmetics and toiletries to give to people they help as people often leave home with nothing.
I contacted the project and they were very keen for me to help. I decided to put a letter in all my Christmas cards and appeal on Facebook for friends to donate such items.
I now have a good amount collected, more coming in all the time and I aim to make regular drop offs throughout the year to try and help keep them stocked up!



12/02/13 Today James & I delivered the first batch of toiletries & cosmetics I've collected to the Break Away Project they were so incredibly grateful & everything was ideal for them to use, they were so appreciative & I'll look forward to taking more throughout the year! I felt like Father Christmas as they were so impressed with how much had been donated...it's lovely when people pull together to make a difference...we are all capable of helping others!

No comments:

Post a Comment